Monday, May 25, 2009

Review True Colors by Clare London


To be perfectly honest I wasn't sure how I would feel about this one. Clare London is a known author to me but not one that I've read much of. I'm not sure why that is, the few books I've read by her have been well written with solid plots and intriguing characters. It's just one of those things I suppose that can't be explained. Anyway...I picked this one up at Dreamspinner Press the other day, http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/currenttitles/truecolors/truecolorsbuynow.htm , because I liked the blurb. It sounded interesting and for the most part it was really sound. I liked the characters of Zeke and Miles and their respective best friends, Carter and Red. Not that they started out as likable. Not at all. Zeke was an irresolute, shiftless drunk and Miles was a remote, cold, and stone faced businessman. It wasn't until you got into the deeper meat of the story that you realized what was going on to make the two this way. Carter and Red helped to show the humanity and good qualities that were hidden behind their facades. The sensual scenes were smoldering and at times I thought they were going to scorch my eyes right out of my head. Very well written with such emotive description that the depth of all that the two could not vocalize was apparent. I liked that both men were masculine men with Zeke having that bit of artistic flair and temperament to spice up the sometimes stiff Miles. They were perfect complements to each other and that made the story a truly good one. The only complaint I had was that there was a bit of drag midway through but it quickly resolved. I'm off to buy more by this author and see what all I've been missing.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, thanks for the lovely comment on my book! I'm really glad you enjoyed it. I especially liked the fact they came over to you as 'masculine men' - that's an important objective for me - and that they appeared as complementary.

    Thanks again, and happy reading in the future!
    ^_^

    ReplyDelete