Friday, June 5, 2009

Review Eye of the Beholder by Carol Lynne


Eye of the Beholder is the eleventh book in Carol Lynne's fantastic Cattle Valley series. I'll be the first to admit that I have no idea why I love her books so much. I'm thinking that it has to be because the characters are so alive that the actual inconsistencies in plot lines and detail don't really matter so much. Some day when I have a day of nothing to do I'm going to sit down and make Ms. Lynne a board with all the character details and plot threads, because I want her to keep writing and taking time to do it herself would take away from that. But all that aside I really don't care! I LOVE CAROL LYNNE and I will certainly forgive these minor technical difficulties because in the grand scheme of things they really don't matter! It's just an obsessed reader who has OCD being driven crazy by some minor glitch.

Now, on to the review. I liked Eye of the Beholder I was very happy to return to my favorite town and my favorite people. Cattle Valley would be like the coolest place to live. Can you imagine? Really? The people are nice, the men are hot, and the women too. (Yes, I love the series so much that I even read the side series by another author). I liked Rance and Bo, no they aren't my favorite characters in the series, (that acclaim will always fall on the worthy shoulders of the cross over Good Time Boys characters of Ryan, Rio, and Nate) but they were good characters. The chemistry between them was electrifying and the angst was well written and managed to skirt the edge of being on just this side of too much. Of course the plot was delicious and the sensual scenes were well written. Thank you Ms. Lynne for letting this reader visit Cattle Valley once again and I'm hoping that it will be a trip that will happen again and again. You can pick up your own copy here. Eye of the Beholder at Total-e-Bound

No comments:

Post a Comment