Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Woe is me...

So I've been computer-less for a few months now. My computer decided that it really liked this virus and then my wonderful husband "fixed" it by defraging and compressing and moving and basically ensuring that every single place the virus could go was thoroughly infected. In the end the only way to do anything was to completely reset my harddrive to 0 and wipe it clean. So...i was able to save some files, not all but some, I did have all but the last week of ebooks on my external harddrive and those i could redownload from the publisher so there was not a repeat of the great crash of 2008. Unfortunately all my word docs have decided that they are going to impersonate some odd format that microsoft office doesn't recognize. Not only that but i've had to reload office 4 times and it's still wonky. I'm sure a registry key is fucked up somewhere but i've yet to figure out which one. I tired using the Man's laptop but ugh i hate that thing. The kids computer has been set up to be used solely for gaming and doing anything on their is like taking a bath in a firepit. i finally gave up and just started using my iphone to surf. So, i'm behind on my reviews for FAR, behind on my updating on here, and in general behind on things for work. ICK. On the other hand the kids' computer works great on Facebook games so my farm is beautiful lol

No comments:

Post a Comment